Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Women like to be like Men

Women want to learn astrophysics, climb trees, drive a bus and go to the other end of the globe sailing a boat! Why not? Really why not? Why should only men have all the fun???
Women are equal to Men and they are not meant to stay back home, give birth to children and take care of a family!

With basic education women say I have studied “so much” and I am not expected to stay at home. I am meant to be elsewhere, doing big things! I will get married only if I find a guy more qualified than I am and who will let me live a life full of freedom... I feel like laughing at it! How foolish? How insignificant are these criterion end of the day?

Women in this era are on the run to become like men... they wish to earn hefty amounts of salary. They forget the beauty of supporting the family emotionally and takes pride in supporting the family financially because it is manly. They look at staying back home for their own children as suppression and loss of opportunity. I am one of them myself!

But I got this realization when I met a lady who graduated from National Law School, Bangalore and is now married and a mother of 3 beautiful children. In spite of being in the US with a lot of opportunities she decided to stay back home and take care of her family. She doesn’t demand for an opportunity cost as she doesn't think it is a wasted opportunity. So now what happened to all her high level education? Education is not means to make money! Her education remains with her and has developed a unique culture in her. She uses her education to be a refined person and people love her and respects her for her personality and confidence. She is a super mom, a wife with wisdom and a social contributor.

I feel like these days Men ensure their counterparts enjoy enough freedom. So women should not exploit this freedom but make sure they use the freedom to be independent and be a responsible daughter, sister, wife, mother etc and not try hard to be a son, brother, father etc Look at the larger picture and do what you are meant to do and let the others do what they are meant to do! Never let education and a fancy job to restrict your life and restrict your future. Its supposed to give you more options in life!

I don't know if am digging my own grave but I realize there are several such examples... examples of women who abide by the law of nature and not go against it!

1 comment: