Monday, May 20, 2013

Experiences are worth it!

A lot has happened over the past one year where I have not even got the time to write a blog!

A lot in the sense I graduated from college, got married, shifted into a new place, a new house and a new family altogether, made new friends, changed my identity, shopped online, traveled abroad, started a new job, a new industry, made new blunders, met up with a few road accidents, attended the first funeral ever in my house and more

Looking back at everything that happened over the last one year, I realize that there were good and bad experiences but they were all “experiences worth it” !!! I started appreciating the importance of having experiences in life. Now I know how to empathize with others who have similar experiences! How unfortunate it is if we are unable to empathize with others!
This brings me back to my first ever dreadful experience of losing my wallet with everything under the sun in it! My wallet had all my ATM cards, identity cards, visiting cards, letters with memories, room keys and cash! I was literally stranded in the middle of the road not knowing how to proceed without cash, identity and keys to my room. That's when my father called me up and consoled me saying “ take this is as an experience which will help you empathize with others in similar situations. Now you know how to react when your friend or any stranger on the road loses a wallet”

Likewise I've never been able to see a situation where my loved ones die till I lost my dear uncle recently. Now I perfectly know how people feel when they lose someone close to them. Everything looks more real now. Death has become a reality and the need to live a good life has become a necessity in my life

We hear of accidents every day through the newspaper and other media sources but how many of us have been able to live the trauma encountered by people in the play? Accidents were always a news for me till I hit a man on the road... that too because of my lack of concentration. By the grace of God the man survived without serious injuries but I had just another big experience in life. Now I know how the drivers feels after an accident... The driver's heart stops!

This is how I console myself when something unfortunate happens in my life! I tell myself “ next time when something like this happens to someone, I know how it feels and I will be able to give a helping hand”
Isn't this a beautiful feeling :)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely Uma.. Experiences make you well equipped to embrace life and definitely gives u a completely new perspective.

    I'm glad you are able to see everything that comes across you in a bright new light..

    Cheers girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said... Exactly a lot of events in our lives happen just to educate us but it's a pity that people rarely reflect and look at them as a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. long time no see,,, good to see you back... :)

    ReplyDelete